Sheffield Cathedral, 1554
The project brief was to sandblast the crest of the Burgesses with the date 1554 and the appropriate words ‘Sigillum Villa de Sheffelde’ – the seal for the town of Sheffield. The design is 1554cm in diameter. The doors had to be stenciled and sandblasted in situ as they had already been fitted. Once sandblasted the etched surface was treated with a polymer coating to protect from fingerprints. This work was created in association with Norgrove Studios and architect Martin Purdy.